Our Savior

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Stressed Out

Are you stressed out?

Brooke came up to me today and showed me a song called "Stressed Out". The refrain of the song was... "I wish we could turn back time, to the good ole days.  When the mama sang us to sleep, but now we're stressed out!"

I think stress these days is an epidemic.  There's many people on high blood pressure medicine, including my husband!  We are not living our lives like God intended for us.  He never intended us to have such stressful lives.  We've brought a lot of it upon ourselves.  It's time that life slows down and we figure out what really deserves our time and energy... Him.  I made up a poem about it, since I've been on a roll lately with poems...

Many people are these days
Over their limit and very strained
No rest, no rest
Every day is busier than the last
That is what it's like living this fast track
But, one day soon 
all will change
When people slow down and learn to pray and play
When they realize our God
Is the one over us all
Then life will begin to be
What was meant 
before the fall
The way our God intended it
Not just to live and try to make our way
But to learn to love, pray and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment