Our Savior

Friday, March 11, 2016

Noise, Noise, Noise

Noise - a sound, especially one that is loud or unpleasant, or causes a disturbance, clamor, racket, commotion, uproar.
 Journal entry April 4, 2015... "I see how you struggle with the noise and distractions of this world. I see your heart.  I know where your heart is.

Noise, Noise, Noise!  The devil has had his day!  He fills My world with noise and distractions.  That day is now ending.  All will once again have the opportunity to hear Me.  When the world is silenced.

You hear Me daughter, amongst the noise and distractions.  That is because I have your heart!  Your heart is Mine.  I have taken you out of this world, in a sense.  You no longer crave what it has to offer you.  This is how I've been able to mold you into My image and likeness.

The final transformation is upon you and you will shine as bright as My stars.  No longer will the world have any hold on you, for I will hold you."

This world is chock full of noise!  We can't many times even hear our own selves think, let alone hear God!

What are we to do in such a noisy, distracting world? Even the Grinch was overwhelmed.  I made up this poem...

Noise, Noise, it's everywhere
It seems to fill our very air
At times I feel I cannot breathe
All the Noise!
Silence please!

I bring my hands to my head
trying to drown out what is said
and all the machines and the gadgets
that continue running the gamut

All the noise it bothers me
Could I have at least some...
Silence please?

I think that's how we all feel from time to time.  There's times we want the commotion, busyness, and so on, but the problem comes when you can never, ever find quiet anywhere.  With all the televisions, radios, musical instruments, dishwashers, washing machines, cell phones, computers, etc... we are bombarded with noise.

This picture of the little girl is from an article written about Autistic children.  They many times place their hands to their ears.  This is because they have a hard time tolerating the extra stimuli and noise, so they try to drown it out.  Children with Down Syndrome also suffer from this.  I know Jackie does.

We all are most certainly over stimulated.  We've gotten so used to it, that many people don't realize how overly stimulated they actually are.  I noticed around here especially with certain family members, they can't sleep unless the television is on.  They may be sleeping and the minute you turn off the television they wake up and want it back on so they can sleep.  Interesting.  I surmise that's a problem.  

Lately my son, Bryan has been playing a song on his cell phone almost continually.  It is the song by Simon and Garfunkel,  "The Sounds of Silence".  He really likes it.  I informed him that's an oldie but goodie.  However, I told him, "You like the song, but around here... it's never silent."

No comments:

Post a Comment