Our Savior

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Smiles

What's in a smile?

Journal entry on March 13, 2015..."Father, this may seem small but, can I have my smile back?  It's been taken from me.  They rearranged my face.  I look into the mirror and don't see me.  How you made me to look.  I'm sad.  I don't even smile as much anymore. (I've had some bad dental work done to me).

Father replied, "Yes daughter, you will get your smile back and it will shine ever more brightly.  You see, everyone will notice!  Especially your husband!

Then I asked, "Father, do you want me to open a book?"  I heard, "Yes child, I have a very special surprise for you.  Open your new blue book.  Go on now."

I randomly opened the book and after reading it, I wept.  I said,  "Father, you are so good to me!"   His reply, "Remember child, you are everything to Me.  I don't want to see you weep.  I want to see you smile!"  What follows is what I opened to...

"The glad heart maketh a cheerful countenance (Prov. 15:13)

I had a friendly smile, 
I gave that smile away,
The postman and the milkman seemed glad of it each day
I gave my smile away 
as happy as could be
And every time I gave it, my smile came back to me.

Smile a smile!
While you smile,
Another smiles,
And soon there are miles and miles of smiles.
And life's worth while.
If you but, smile.

It would be foolish to think that all who smile are happy.  There are "smiles" and "smiles" - 
smiles self conscious, 
smiles self -complacent, smiles conceited, smiles sarcastic, 
smiles superficial, smiles satanic,
smiles cynical, smiles critical, smiles occasional, smiles habitual, 
smiles spiritual,
There are smile good, smiles better, and smiles best.
Each sort has it's own peculiar value.
It is the "best" sort of smiles we advocate.
The"best" sort go deepest,
last longest and accomplish most good.

The best kind of smiles are not "put on".  They "come out" because they are "in".  They are the result of a satisfied, thankful and glad heart.  They are the exterior expression of an interior joy, 
which glows and grows as the days go by.

It is the satisfied and restful heart that makes a radiant face.

When we are contented at the center, the countenance will be calmly cheerful.  When the spirit is satisfied and glad, the glory is expressed in look, and touch and tone.

Christ is the secret, the source, the substance, the center and the circumference of all true and lasting gladness."
(Streams in the Desert, Vol. 2)


The word "smile" was used 30 times!

"Oh Father God.  You are so awesome!  I love you so.  You make me smile!"

The next morning upon waking I thanked Father so much for last night.  And, this was impressed upon my heart... 

"You deserve it daughter.  You love Me!  You love Me like a daughter should love her Father.  You visit Me.  You talk to Me.  You come to Me with your problems.  You care what I think.

So many of My children never visit Me.  They never talk to Me.  
They ignore Me.

I am their Father.  I created them.  I love all My children.  I long for them!  But, so many of them ignore Me.

I just want their love.  Is that really too much to ask?  

Me:  "But Father, I also did that longer ago."

Father:  "Yes child.  You were rebellious like many children are.  But, you came home to Me.  Just like I knew you would.  You came home to Papa!

So many of My children never come home.  Never in their entire lifetime.  

I love you, daughter.  Yes, this is a love story between a father and his daughter.  You are Mine!"

Me:  "And my family comes along attached to me?" 

Father:  "Yes."



No comments:

Post a Comment