Our Savior

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I'm A Freak!

Freak - a person, animal or plant with an unusual physical abnormality, irregularity, oddity

Fanatic - a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause, devotee, maniac


1 Peter 2:9 - "But you are a chosen generation, a kingly priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

Have you ever been called a "Jesus Freak" or fanatical when it comes to God and your Catholic faith?  If you have... You Are So Blessed!

I've never had someone directly say that to me, but I have had people ensue such.  Tell me that I'm a little over-the-top.  But, you see I am one of those peculiar, odd people!  Thank You God!  I know that my mother and sister would not mind me saying that... they are peculiar and odd too.  We just love being "odd" for our Beloved God!

Journal entry February 28, 2014 - "Jesus, I just don't get it.  I have no desire to go the bars and drink and party week after week.  I could never do it, even if I wanted to.  I feel like a duck out of water.  I totally don't belong with these people.  I like them, but I can't follow them.  I would much rather just go to the games then come home and pray and be with You and my family.  Am I anti-social?"

Heard:  "No child, you are a peculiar people.  You are one of Mine pulled away from worldly pleasures.  You are exactly where I want you to be; home and with Me and in prayer and communion.  Your desires are not their desires.  Your desires are eternal.  Their desires are temporal.  Not much longer child and all will see.  They will see how fruitless their pursuits were.

You, My child are different. You are who I created you to be.  Fragile and humble.  I've taken you out of the desires of this world.  I have a very special task for you.  Yes, you have been hand-picked by Me amongst many to do a very special and unique job.  Don't fear or fret that you will not know what to do, for I will guide you completely.  You will do My will.  You are doing My will right now and I am very pleased.

The day will come very soon when these very same people that you  speak of; the ones also that now shun you, will be flocking to you for answers.  You will not fail them.  You will not fail Me.  For having My light shining forth in you will light the way.  Rejoice child!  For you have found My favour and will be rewarded accordingly.  I love you and yours!" End of Entry

As a confirmation of this, I immediately opened my God Calling book to page 120 & 121.  It reads as follows:  

"Marvelous Happenings - Our Lord, with hearts full of joy we thank Thee for Thy marvelous blessings showered on us today and every day. 

I am beside you.  Follow in all things My Guiding.  Marvels beyond all your imaginings are unfolding.  I am your Guide. Joy in that thought.  Your Guide and your Friend.

Remember, that to Me a miracle is only a natural happening.  To My disciples, to My chosen, a miracle is only a natural happening.  But it is a natural happening operative through spiritual forces, and therefore the man who works and understands through the senses only, regards it as something contrary to nature.  Remember too, that the natural man is a enmity with God.  Realize fully, and pray to realize more and more fully, that there is no wonder too marvelous to be with you an everyday happening, if you are guided and strengthened by Me.

My children, the children of My Kingdom are a peculiar people, set apart, different hopes, and aspirations, and motives and sense of reward.  You see a marvelous happening (as that today), happening so easily, so simply, so free from all other agency, and you wonder.

My children, listen, this has not happened easily and simply.  It has been achieved by hours, days and months of weariness and heartache battled against and overcome, by a steadfast, unflinching desires to conquer self, and to do My Will and live My teachings.  The frets and worries and the scorn patiently borne mean spiritual Power acquired, operating marvelously. " 


This morning, my mother told me of an incident that happened at a local church. A Godly woman at Mass went into uncontrollable shaking and then she passes out.  She has been checked out be a doctor and there is nothing wrong with her.  

This has happened more than once.  Her daughter was with her and said she was fine and the priest also came to her and said... "She just needs to let it out." Now, we don't know for sure, but to me it is highly likely that what is going on is spiritual.  Suffice it to say there are people who say things such as "Religious Fanatic", maybe even "Jesus Freaks".  


Mathew 5:11 "Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for My sake."

It's ironic, but just this morning before leaving bed I had a little chat with Jesus, as I often do.  And, I talked to Him about how even from way back when I was little I felt different, peculiar. I was a follower on many bad incidences.  I didn't like what was being done, but I didn't have the guts to walk away.  That's definately not who I am anymore. I DO walk away.  I now walk God's way.  No one, and I mean NO ONE will ever convince me to walk away again!  

By His awesome graces, God has dragged me out of the pit, the pit of worldliness and I am never slipping back into that hole again.  I will never again go against God to please man, NEVER!  Only by His marvelous grace can I achieve this.  But, He is such a loving, caring, forgiving God and if we just draw a little closer to Him, He grabs us and pulls us in for a Big Hug!  He is waiting for us!  He loves us so much!

There is great love and reward for those who stand for God.  Count me in.  I love God so much.  He is my everything.  I make NO excuses for that.  Go ahead and try me.  Go ahead, call me a "Jesus Freak".  Call me a "God Fanatic". I would be so honored if you would do so!


 I'm a "Jesus Freak", a "Fanatically in Love with God",
 type of gal and eternally proud of it!

I'm a "peculiar" people.
Somehow... I always knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment