Our Savior

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Investing Time

"My times are in your hand, rescue me from the hands of my enemies and persecutors."  Psalm 31:15

What time is it?  How much time do I have?  Do you have the time?  There's plenty of time. There's no time...

We are absorbed, dictated, held bondage by, a slave to... time.  Why is that?  Because time slips by so fast.  It's hard to hold onto.  It slips away from us.  Time flies.

We have time tables, timed tests, time management, time spent, time wasted, the beginning of times, the end of times, time and time again.  In other words... time is precious.  There's 24 hours in a day.  Not really enough.

Because time is so precious, how we spend our time is important.

Journal entry Sept. 2015 - "I am waiting for you.  Shut the world out! I see you all the day long running from this task or that task.  I see you running hither and tither, to and fro.  All the while I am waiting for you to come sit at My feet.  Shhh, have peace.  Rest.  That is my message for you.

Forget the world and all its demands.  You think you need more food, more water.  Do you not trust Me?  Haven't I told you?  I will multiply.   You have enough.  What you really need is time with Me.  Only Me.  I see you go about your day and here I wait.  Waiting for you to be still.  Still in My Presence.  I have much to tell you, but you can't hear Me if the world, worldly deeds and tasks are more important than I.

Martha, Martha!  Please, come sit with Me.  Come, listen at My feet.  That is where I want you.  That is what pleases Me.  Not, whether the dishes are done or the laundry folded.  You go about your busy day and periodically squeeze Me in.  No, that is not the way.  That is not the path I have forged for you.  The world can wait.  Your time with Me cannot.  Stay away from activities that keep pulling you away from Me.  Don't worry if others may think you are lazy if you don't complete this or that task.  It can all wait.  Wait on Me, your God.  I require your time.

Will you have time now to write this message so you can look back on it and be renewed?  I know this is a fallen world and much tries to grab your attention, distract you.  It is in satan's plan.  He wants to desperately pull you from Me.

I know there is work to be done, but your first work is to sit still with Me and listen to what I have to say.  Make Me first.  Top priority and everything else will fall into place.  You worry if you don't have this or that.  You worry you won't be able to protect and take care of your family.  Have you forgotten?  That is My job.  Haven't I told you?  I will multiply.  Enough is enough.  This is not only for you, but all of My Bride.  I am saddened when My lovely Bride wastes so much time and energy of the things of this world, and I get what's left over, many times from a tired and weary vessel that I can barely keep up.  You collapse in your beds, exhausted.  That is not the short way to Me, but the long way.

So Lori, take this to heart.  Make the change.  Give Me more of you.  Don't hand yourself over to the world.  I am waiting.  I want you back."

Luke 10:38-42 "Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village.  And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house.  And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to His teaching.  But Martha was distracted with much serving.  And she went up to Him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone?  Tell her then to help me."  But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary.  Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her."

I am a very busy woman.  But, when we don't take time for God, we're too busy.  Our days here on earth are numbered, and if we invest too much time for the "here and now" and don't invest time for our eternity, we've wasted precious time that we'll never get back.


*As an aside, Brooke had no idea what I was doing on the computer, she was in a different room.  Suddenly, she comes into the living room and says... "I can't believe what time it is already!  It's 5:40 and I feel like I just got home from school!  There's 24 hours in a day and it flies by.  Time flies!"

My mouth dropped.  I had just typed those same sentiments.


No comments:

Post a Comment