Our Savior

Monday, March 7, 2016

Don't Stop Believin'

Believe - accept something as true.  Feel sure of the truth.  Trust, have confidence in.

Film synopsis of "Polar Express"... An inspiring adventure based on the beloved children's book by Chris Van Allsburg.  When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole, he embarks on a journey of self discovery that shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who Believe.

I've always loved the movie "Polar Express".  I love the message it brings.  We've played the video around here many times.

Unbelief - inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real, lack of faith in something.

Mark 9:24 - "Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

What else does the bible say about Believing...

Romans 15:13 -" May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

In the movie, the boy stopped believing in Santa and while at the North Pole he could not hear the bell ring, while those who did believe could.  This bothered him.  By the end of the movie he believes and can hear the beautiful sound of the bell.  Ironically, his parents could not... they thought the bell was broken.

Last night I was wondering what I would post about next.  So, I was looking in my journal and I came across a couple entries on Believing...

Journal entry February 25, 2014 - "I watched a video today that spoke of the spirit of doubt and self pity.  I have been doubting.  At the end of the video this lady mentions, Polar Express and how with childlike faith believe and hear the bells ringing.  I've always been drawn to the movie Polar Express.  Now, what is really strange... Jackie gets home from school.  I take care of her needs then lay on the couch for some rest.  Meanwhile, Jackie sits next to me and begins ringing loudly this bell on a string exactly like the bell on Polar Express!  She received this bell at Christmas from school and I haven't seen this bell laying around anywhere since Christmas.  Not a coincidence!  I am so sorry Father for doubting and for any self pity!  Please forgive me!"
End of entry.

Another Journal entry later that same day...

Journal Entry February 25, 2014 - Tonight I picked Brooke up from CCD.  As soon as she gets into the car she starts singing... "Don't stop believin', hold on!  Don't stop believin' hold on!"  She then says... "That song has been stuck in my head all day.  Mrs. Schumacher kept singing it to us today before a big test we had to take."  Then she says... "Mom, don't stop believing like the song says.  Don't stop believing!"

Brooke knew nothing about what happened today with my doubting and Jackie's bell ringing. So, as I'm pulling into the driveway, I'm thinking I know that song.  Journey sings it.  When in the house, I brought up the song for Brooke, and she confirmed it.".  End of entry.

Last night after reading these entries, I didn't do anything with them, I just went to bed.  Interestingly, the next morning after waking, I sat down in my recliner and on Fox News is a story about two police officers that had a video go viral.  They showed the video.  These two police officers were in their police car singing loudly the song by Journey, "Don't Stop Believin'" real loud while the person behind the bars in the back seat is getting annoyed.  They said they do it to give the person they just picked up some encouragement.

Just the night before, I'm reading a journal entry about "Don't Stop Believin'" and the next morning I see the above story on Fox News.  What's the chances of that!  I no longer questioned what I should post.  I took this as a confirmation.

Hebrews 11:6 -"And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him."

To have faith we must believe.  Without it we cannot please Him.  I want to please Him.

I once ran across a quote that really struck me...

 "If you believe, it's true for you.  If you don't believe, it's not true for you."

 What a thought!  But, is it really that simple?  I think it is.  You see, Jackie sat next to me that day ringing that bell.  The ray of hope here is... 
I heard it.  

Believing brings hope.  
I choose to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment