Our Savior

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Just Sayin'

Rick Joyner just recently commented on how we can say anything bad we want about anybody, as long as... "I'm just sayin'" is at the end of the comment... that justifies everything.

It got me pondering... I hear I'm just sayin' a lot these days.  I even find myself saying it and other family members too.  It seems once a certain meme gets on the internet, people hear it... it spreads like fire across the entire globe.  Now you hear it in everyday conversations, on the radio, tv, internet, heck there's even books, shirts, mugs, posters and more entitled after it.  I looked up the top definition of "I'm just sayin'" and here it is...


I'm Just Sayin' - used when you are making a criticism or complaint, to make it less likely to offend someone.

Really?  Is that how it works these days... instead of offending someone, go ahead and offend, just in a nicer, less likely to offend way? Interesting.

I began pondering some more... This past Tuesday at Eucharistic Adoration I told Jesus how I am really enjoying writing on my blog.  It's enjoyable to me, fulfilling.  I felt these words impressed upon my heart...

"Yes, you're being creative. Much thought should be put into what you create.  Before you created your blog did it exist?  No, it now does because you with your thoughts and Mine, and your hands writing and typing it was created.  It is an expression of, the very essence of you.  You see, My child, whatever you create in yourself is who you are.
Whatever you take within your eyes, it is absorbed by your soul and spirit and becomes you.  Whatever words leave your lips, it becomes you.  A kind word and you are kindness, a wicked word and you are wicked.  Wherever you let your feet trod, that is what you become.  What you take in, within yourself becomes you, the very essence of who you are.  So take every thought, word and deed captive, because that is what you will become.  You create who you are and will become.  So, be careful of what you create."

Words of wisdom from our Creator!

And so, basically... good begets good, and evil begets evil.  Whatsoever you sow, you shall reap. I get it, but it sure is scarey how gullible we are to what we see and hear around us.  Someone, somewhere, gets something started and we're off to the races!

I guess it really comes down to discernment.  To discern all that we take in so that we don't create in ourselves a monster, literally.

 I'm just sayin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment