Our Savior

Friday, August 19, 2016

Our Glorious Future

Our Glorious Future in Him... that is.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added onto you."
Matthew 6:33


Today I've been a little down.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Well, maybe I can and I don't want to admit it,  but I'm feeling somber, uneasy.  I asked Jesus... 

"What's wrong with me?  I know I have some issues that I'm dreading, but I'm having a hard time shaking this feeling today."

I opened my Holy Spirit devotional to this...

"Think about the things that concern God.  Stop thinking about the things that concern you, the challenges, the problems, the mistakes and start thinking instead about the things that concern Christ and His kingdom.  I assure you that as you shift your focus off yourself and onto Him, He will turn His attention to those things that concern you.  He has you covered.  He has your challenges and problems figured out and is working all of them out for your betterment as you stay prayerful.  So concern yourself with one thing, following Him completely and trust that He cares about what you care about.  He will not leave you helpless." End

I guess this is one of those "Dying to self" moments discussed about in my previous post.  Wow, it didn't take long to have an opportunity to practice it.  

I think Jesus "called me out" on this.  I need to face something shortly and it's not easy.  No wonder on my previous post He had me put the song "You Raise Me Up", by that cute little girl.  I have a feeling I'll be listening to it often. 

It's all about "Dying to self" and trusting Him and keeping my eyes on things above!  He'll raise me up.  I need to keep reminding myself of this.   

I think what I have coming up is one of those "tests" He gives us.  

I hope and pray I pass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment