Our Savior

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

For God's Glory!

Our testimony, our story will give Glory to God.  

Just yesterday I was talking to my mother about a conversation I had with Jesus the day before.  I began speaking to Jesus about struggles.  We all have struggles in our lives.  Some of us have many.  Some of us have numerous family members needing much healing.

I sensed Jesus to impress it upon my heart that if we or people in our lives have no need for healing, if we have no struggles to overcome, where will our testimony be?

Where will our testimony be of healing and overcoming and giving all Glory to God?  We need something to overcome to be overcomers!  When the healing takes place what a blessing and testimony to others of God's goodness and Glory!

Interesting how several hours later I came upon a message given to Wings of Prophecy of just this same topic.  Here is her message...

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - "How Will You Know -  My children often view hard paths as a negative thing, but I tell you truly, they are a very good thing, for rocky paths teach you to know how to find your way.

If there is never an obstacle in your path, if there is never a rough place in your walk with Me, if there is never anything negative in your life, how will you truly know Who I am?  How will you know My faithfulness?  If you are never in need, if you never know pain, how will you know My healing power?  How will you know My mighty power to provide for you out of nothing, when all around you is desolate and barren?

Just as men train for war, I am training My children to survive in the battlefields of the enemy that are coming." End

How awesome is our God!  This is exactly what I was talking with Jesus about!  I asked Him if He had anything else to say and was led to open a devotional to this (notice how I randomly opened up to today's exact date!)...

August 16 - Faithful in Everything - "He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much." Luke 16:10 - There will be opportunities today for you to take shortcuts and do less than your best and you may have a million reasons for why you should do so.  However, realize that whenever you choose to throw away any opportunity for honoring God, you're cutting yourself off from His best blessings.  But if you glorify Him in even the minor issues, He will reward your faithfulness.

Friend, don't look at your circumstance or try to cut corners.  Do your best wherever God has placed you and trust Him to lift you up (1 Peter 5:5-6).  Wherever you are, work with excellence, and trust He will lead you on a path of blessing.

Prayer - Lord, help me do my best so You will always be glorified in my life, amen." 
(Every Day In His Presence)

"Every one of us has promises in our lives.  If we look at the circumstance faith fades, and your hope fades, but if you keep looking at the promise, you'll get break through."
Bruce Allen


No comments:

Post a Comment