Our Savior

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Number 22

What's in a number.  Especially for us the number 22.  What's in a bird.  Especially an Eagle or... a Seagull.

For some reason the number 22 has been important to our household for years.  It is not until more recently that we are beginning to notice just how significant it truly is.

Revelation 22:1-5
The water and tree of life.  The conclusion.  Eden Restored.
"And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.  Down the middle of the great street of the city.  On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month.  And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.  No longer will there be any curse.  The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve Him.  They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.  There will be no more night.  They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.  And they will reign for ever and ever."

It started years back when our daughter Jen began playing basketball. Her number all through High School was the number 22.  After she left High School her number was up for grabs and evidently in high demand so we have heard.

Jen always seemed somehow attached to that number.  So much so that she wears a #22 necklace around her neck continually and even (unbeknownst to me in her college days) had the number twenty-two and a spiritual saying tatood on her side.  Oh and her senior year in college she acquired the number 22 in basketball.

Just today, Bryan informed me that on Nick's race car the body model number is #22 (pictured above).

My daughter, Dana's boyfriend's race car number is #22 and he was born on June 22.

Number 22 personalities are many times "nurses" and "caregiver" types.  So far, we have here two nurses and three studying for nursing (and another one interested in nursing).

Well, to continue this mystery, the other day my daughter Nicole inquired how big our property lot was.  So her husband went online to the auditors site and found our lot to be 1 1/2 acres.  Really I didn't know that.  I thought it was just shy of an acre.  So I also went on the site about our property.  I found on the website that our Lot number is... yes you probably guessed it... #22!

As of August 1, 2016 we will have lived here 22 years.

This is all interesting to say the least.  So, today I'm randomly looking for a shirt for Jackie in her drawer and I see an orange shirt at the very bottom. I pulled it out and it had a seagull on it with the number 22!

Update 9/4/2016 - Bryan's new girlfriend, Autumn, weighs 122 pounds.  She said her favorite number is 22 (without knowing anything about our 22 theme around here).  Autumn this year is September 22, and Bryan asked Autumn officicially to go with him (Sept. 1), 22 days before Autumn (on September 22).  Autumn also has a bracelet she wears that has the number 22.

Psalm 22
God's Spiritual benefits to faithful souls.
A psalm for David
"The Lord ruleth me; and I shall want nothing.
He hath set me in a place of pasture.
He hath brought me up, on the water of refreshment.
He hath led me on the paths of justice, for his own name's sake.
For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will not fear no evils,
for thou are with me.
Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me.
Though has prepared a table before me against them that afflict me.
Thou has anointed my head with oil; and my chalice which inebriateth me, how goodly is it!
Any thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life.
And that I may dwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days."

No comments:

Post a Comment