Our Savior

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

God's Open Door

"Behold, I have set before you an open door that no one can shut."
Revelation 3:8


Prayer helps us walk through this door.  When I am lacking in prayer I feel it both spiritually and physically.  I sense a lack, a need that only by praying and being quiet with God can fill.  I have a sense of missing Jesus.  I feel within me that something is off, out of balance.  I sense joy leaving me.  A joy that only He can give me.

I wasn't always like this.  Not too long ago I was so caught up in worldly endeavors that I almost never spent time with Jesus, except maybe at church on Sundays.  And even then, I was distracted.  

Many times during mass I pondered on what we were going to have for lunch that day.  Or, I would see a certain person at church and wonder what they've been up to or decide whether I liked their outfit or not.  I even at times came late and left early.  Wow!  I've come a long way since then!

 "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, 
knock and it will be opened to you." 
Matthew 7:7

Now, I many times close my eyes to keep my focus on Him and not others.  I make a special effort to realize where I'm at, whose house I am in!  I have more than once sensed in my spirit these exact words coming from 
our Lord... 

"You've come a long way baby!"

I have!  But, only by His grace.  He pulled me out of the muck I was swimming in.  And I am eternally grateful!  I also know that the many prayers of my parents and grandparents assisted me.  And also to them,  I am eternally grateful!

"For by Grace are ye saved through Faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.  Not of works. lest any man should boast."
Ephesians 2:8-9

God has a plan for me.  He has a plan for you.  He has an Open Door Policy.  He wants to sit down and talk with us about His plan, His mission for us on this earth.  If only we take the time to listen.  He has a lot to tell us.  

His door is always open to us.  We just need to walk through it.

"Behold I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him and he with Me."
Revelation 3:20




No comments:

Post a Comment