Our Savior

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Check Your Heart

Check your heart.  Where does your heart rate?

Many of us have experienced, especially with some family members, that we want them to take off the "spiritual blinders" so bad and "see" what we already see, that we can become overly zealous.

I have such a family member and I asked Jesus about him.   I don't quite know how to handle him.  This is what I sensed in my spirit...

"What was your true motive by telling him these things?  Was it wanting him to know out of love, or was it wanting him to know so that one day you can have your "I told you so" moment?  Check your heart."

I replied, "Yes, but you said to be "bold".  Heard, "Yes, bold with love.  This person is not at the same place you are spiritually.  All must be done with love.  Check your heart."

This all made sense to me and really made me rethink my "heart intentions".  I felt my intentions could have been a little of both. Both out of love, but maybe had a little bit of a "I told you so" incentive.  He was really convicting me to take a deeper look at motives.  I guess you could say he was performing some "heart surgery".

I thought this thinking was probably too good for it to be my own thoughts so I asked for a confirmation (as we should always do), I heard...

 "Yes turn to page 267 in your Holy Spirit devotional. I usually don't hear exact pages to open to.  So I did and both sides were relevant to what the Holy Spirit was teaching me...

Page 267 - "Let Me Reveal Christ To You - Jesus said plainly, "Come to Me all who are laboring and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me because I am meek and lowly of heart, and you will find rest for your weary souls.  My yoke is easy and My burden light."  Well, how do you think you will learn from Him?  He sent me here to teach you.  I am your teacher. I will reveal the depths of Christ's character - His love, joy, meekness, lowliness of heart, and more.  Let me teach you." (Page 267, Morning with the Holy Spirit, Jennifer LeClaire)

Page 266 - "Know The Season You Are In - It helps to know what season you are in for just as I told Solomon, there is a time to plant and a time to harvest, a time to tear down and a time to build up, a time to weep and a time to rejoice, a time to scatter and a time to gather, a time to speak and a time to remain quiet, a time for war and a time for peace.  To everything there is a season and a time.  I will reveal to you the times and seasons of your life if you ask Me.  Your part is to stay close to My heart through them all." (Page 266, Morning with the Holy Spirit, Jennifer LeClaire)

After reading those passages, I knew for sure it was Jesus.  Then while I was talking on the phone to my mother regarding what I heard from the Lord about this certain person, she commented, "He is a complex person."  While she spoke this I heard in my spirit... "And that is why you are incapable of handling him.  Only I truly know him.  He is a sensitive soul.  Handle him with kid gloves.  All is to be done with love."

We need to Let go and let God.  Go with the flow.  If we keep trying to push our own agendas and timing, we just frustrate God's Perfect Plan, that has Perfect Timing.  We need to get out of His way and stop trying to do His job.

This is another one of those lessons in "dying to self".  This is about not pushing the "I know and I'm always right" agenda.

I know that I have had times, more than I'd like to admit, that the Lord said to me... "You're screwing up, go to the back of the line."

If we are to be in Christ' Image, we are to be
and do all things With Love.
No other motive, but Love.
Because if we don't,
He may have to give us a call to let us know
that we need heart surgery.
I ask myself, "Do I have a healthy heart?  How does my heart rate?"
"Do I need heart surgery?"
"I better check."


No comments:

Post a Comment