Our Savior

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Boldness

Boldness - Not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual danger or rebuff, courageous and daring, a bold hero.

"Since we have such a hope, we are very bold."
2 Corinthians 3:12

Boldness... He asked me to do a post on it.  You see, when it comes to boldness I probably lack.  But Jesus has touched it upon my heart to be Bold.  Bold for Him.  Proclaim His good news and not to be afraid to proclaim His promises to us.  To shout it out!

You see, here I am more anonymous and I speak out, but in my community and even within my own family I am more shy.  I know though that soon, so very soon, that will all change. 

 Big change is coming and we all must be Bold for Him.  We need to shout from the rooftops what He is doing in our lives.  We will soon be stepping out from our comfort zones and stepping into faith.  

Miracles are coming.  Miracles beyond our imaginings.  All praise and glory to God!   

He's impressed it upon me to make a splash.  To be a splash of color in an ever darkening world.  To be His shining light.

While I was pondering on how to approach this post on boldness, I asked Jesus to give me something... I randomly opened a devotional to this...



"The Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, "Don't be afraid!  Speak out!  Don't be silent!"
Acts 18:9 

A Messenger of Victory - Ancient Corinth was a difficult place to live, especially for believers.  It was  a port city, one that embraced visitors from all over the known world.  However, its atmosphere of open commerce brought with it paganism, wicked practices, and every kind of immorality.

But Corinth was also a place that desperately needed the gospel and could become a strategic communication center for the good news of salvation.  Therefore, God sent Paul there and the apostle faithfully proclaimed the message despite opposition.

Likewise, you may be in a place that appears somewhat hostile to the gospel.  Friend, do not abandon the post the Lord as given you or hide your faith.  The Father is aware of your situation including your fears, failings and enemies.  So take courage and obey Him in teaching His truth.  You are His messenger to those who need it most, and just as He did for Paul, He will make you victorious in your labors.

Lord, let me be a light in darkness, bringing the gospel to those who need it most.  Help me stay close to You and obey so others can be saved, amen.

In His presence... be bold in proclaiming His salvation."
(Every Day In His Presence)

How wonderful of Jesus to lead me to the above message of boldness in faith.  It spoke to me loud and clear!  He's asking all of us to step out in faith.  He's asking all of us to slay the giant.
  
After all, if God is for us, who can be against?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment