Our Savior

Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Bread of Life

On October 13, 2015, we had a meeting at the school to discuss Jackie's bad behaviors.  Her bad behaviors consist of hitting, kicking, not cooperating and doing her school work, laying on the floor, not getting up off the floor and even urinating on the floor.  The meeting included teachers, therapists and district rep for special needs.  The night before the meeting I was lying in bed restless, thinking about the meeting the next morning.

Lying there I asked... Lord, what do I say at the meeting?   What answers can I give them?

I sensed the Lord say...Let Me lead.  They know you don't have any answers.  Wait on Me.  I will make Jackie whole.  I Am The Bread of Life.  All you can offer them is dry crumbs.

I envisioned Jesus stooped down on the floor doing something with His hands.  I asked what He was doing, and I sensed this reply...I am sweeping up your crumbs. He stands up and says...Here, (He pours the crumbs into my hands).  He continues...The answer is Me.  I Am The Bread of Life.  I will make Jackie whole in My timing only.  Wait on Me.

I then randomly opened my devotional book to Inadequacy By God's Design.  It read, Do you feel inadequate for the tasks before you today? Do you fear you'll fall short? Realize that the Lord has brought you to the point where you admit, "I can't do this in my own strength" for an important purpose.  Friend, you feel inadequate today so you can learn what it means to allow the Savior to be your adequacy, for Him to accomplish what He alone can do.  So today, don't say, "I can't." Instead, express your faith in Him and proclaim, "By the grace of God and with His help, I can do this."

Lord Jesus, I will trust You to be my adequacy in whatever task You 
call me to accomplish, amen.
In His Presence... accept Him as your adequacy.


What crumbs are you leaving behind?

Still waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment