Our Savior

Monday, February 22, 2016

Confirmation

I received a confirmation last night on my previous post "A New Name".  I asked, "Did I hear correctly my New Name?  Was it "Laurel", or "Lauren", or...?  Then I opened my Holy Spirit book and it did not coincide at all.  I heard..."Did I ask you to open your Holy Spirit book?"  Hmm, well no.  "Exactly, now try opening your new blue book."   So I did and this is how it read...

According to my earnest expectation and my hope.  (Phil. 1:20.)

..."Look at the soldier in the field, resolved to distinguish himself, or so that his admired commander may win another victory with his aid.

The believer may seek honour, the honour which cometh ultimately from God only, the praise of the Glory of His grace, with the pure desire that fresh laurels may be added to the wreath of his victorious Lord.  If so, he is called to be ambitious."

Make me Thy labourer,
Let me not dream of ever looking back,
Let not my knees be feeble, hands be slack,
Oh make me strong to labour, strong to bear,
From the rising of the morning till the stars appear.

Streams in the Desert (Volume 2)

I accept this confirmation!

No comments:

Post a Comment