Our Savior

Sunday, February 7, 2016

It Is Time

On February 1, 2016, Before rising from bed, I asked Jesus if He had anything to say... I sensed Him saying, I am bubbling over to tell you... It is time, My friend.  For what you have prayed for, It Is Time!

Then, my alarm went off.

That same day I brought Brooke to the doctor for strep throat.  We talked about Jackie and weaning her off the prozac because she had a reaction to it.  We came to the conclusion no drug will help Jackie.  She is a stubborn teenager with hormones.  I asked her if she had a pill for stubborn. Smiling, she said, no.

The doctors and us have hit a wall.  There is nothing more we can do.  I told her I have given it to God.  There is no pill to help Jackie.  God knows Jackie, He has a purpose for Jackie.  It is up to God.  We are waiting on God!  She agreed!

Upon leaving the office I hear, God's ways are higher than yours.  I pondered how we've hit a wall, we are cornered, we have done our best.  It is in God's hands.  Out of our control completely.

When I got home, my sister called and said she heard more than once... Tell Lori to listen to this song!  She needs to listen to it.  My sister knew nothing of my visit to the doctor and our conversation.  The song newly found by her is below.

Trust In You 
By Lauren Daigle

Letting go of every single dream
I lay each one down at Your feet
Every moment of my wandering
Never changes what You see

I've tried to win this war I confess
My hands are weary I need Your rest
Mighty Warrior, King of the fight
No matter what I face, You're by my side

When You don't move the mountains I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

Truth is, You know what tomorrow brings
There's not a day ahead You have not seen
So, in all things be my life and breath
I want what You want Lord and nothing less

When You don't give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

You are my strength and comfort
You are my steady hand
You are my firm foundation; the rock on which I stand

Your ways are always higher
Your plans are always good
There's not a place where I'll go, You've not already stood

When You don't move the mountains I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

While listening to the song, I felt nudged to randomly open Every Day In His Presence.  This is how it read... Demonstrations of Power -- Are you experiencing situations that you're absolutely powerless to manage on your own? Perhaps you're facing vocational, physical, relational or financial challenges that make you feel completely helpless and you wonder, God, why have You allowed this?

No doubt the children of Israel felt the same way as they stood defenseless between the advancing Egyptian army and the impassable Red Sea.  Yet the Lord had not abandoned them.  He was teaching them a lesson they would need repeatedly as they followed Him -- that their weaknesses were simply the place to display His profound power.  And as they stood watching, God divided the mighty waters of the sea and allowed them to pass on dry ground.

Friend, you do not have to feel afraid or helpless.  The Lord is with you -- He opens the way before you with His wise, omnipotent hand.  He has allowed these circumstances for the purpose of demonstrating you can count on Him completely.  So do not fear.  Obey His direction and trust Him to deliver you.

Lord, I'm overwhelmed by these challenges, but I will trust You.  Thank You for showing me Your power and making a way for me, amen.

Praise Him for His mighty power!


No comments:

Post a Comment