Our Savior

Monday, February 15, 2016

Kept By God

A couple nights ago I heard in my spirit as I was just waking up...
"You are kept."

I thought... huh?  I said it over in my mind a couple times, but then started my day and it left my mind.  Today, I was listening to a video by Rick Joyner and at the end he talked about being kept by God and how God keeps us.  This brought back what I had heard the day before.

What does it mean to be "kept"?   The dictionary describes "kept" in the following ways:

-to maintain possession of
- to provide with necessities; to support, raise and feed
-to cause to continue in some condition or position
-to fulfill
-to remain fresh unspoiled

These are all things Jesus does for you and me as we are "kept" by Him.  He gives us security in an uncertain world.  We are called, loved and kept!

Creator of earth, sky, and sea
The beauty and color of all the world
Display each day the glorious truth
That You are calling me

Creator of mercy and love
My weak humanity cannot grasp
That Your vast Holiness thinks of me
In the midst of heaven above

Creator of body and soul
From the moment I was given breath
You have kept me in exquisite faithfulness
Making my brokenness whole.

"To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ..." Jude 1


No comments:

Post a Comment