Our Savior

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Straw In The Wind

Straw in The Wind - and idiom meaning a small sign that hints that something is about to happen.  A slight hint of something to come.

This morning I noticed on our deck straw strew around especially in the corner.  Then I noticed it in the yard strewn everywhere.  I investigated where the straw came from and walking to the side of our house I noticed along the side road straw right by the road.  It looked to come from the field across the street.

No big deal, right?  What makes this strange is this straw was strewn all over our front and back yard, on the roof and on the deck and it wasn't there last night.  In this picture you see a corner of our lot.  It was strewn like this on a large portion of our land.

Before I went to bed I checked the weather for storms.  There was to be no rain nor any wind all night.  How is it that this morning this straw is everywhere as if a big 30 mile and hour wind picked it up?  No person did this.  There was NO wind.

This is strange to say the least.  I sensed to look up "straw in the wind."  So I looked into it and found the idiom "straw in the wind" meaning a hint that something is about to happen.

I sense there is something to all this. Enough so that I'm mentioning it here.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment