Our Savior

Monday, July 11, 2016

Practice What You Preach

We can't be a hypocrite.  If we preach it, we better be practicing it.


I struggle, and I know a lot of people who struggle.  I'm getting back into the swing of things and hopefully am pleasing our Lord.

I have had a deluge of distractions lately.  I can't say it's always easy.

On this blog I may look like I have everything put together just right.  But, I do not.  I am a sinner.  I fall down.  Then I pick myself back up again.  Then I fall, and then dust myself off, place a bandage on my injuries and get going again.  Just like everyone else.  I think the key here is... to get back up.

The world strives to be first.  It takes real effort to combat that.

God never said it would be easy.  It's not the wide way, but the narrow.  In my 54 years of life on this earth, I have learned that anything worth having takes work.  It don't just come to you.  You have to want it and go for it.

It is no different with God.  He's there waiting for us, but we have to respond.  We have to go after Him.  He holds out His hand, but if we don't grab it, we'll fall. 

And it will be our own fault.

*I hold onto You Lord with all my strength.  I am weak, I am a sinner, but with You I am made strong.  Please don't tire of me, Lord.  You really are my Everything.  I will continue to try in earnest to Practice what I Preach!  But I know I can only do so with You by my side to guide.

I love You Lord,

Lori

*Update!  A Confirmation!  It is no coincidence that after finishing this post I randomly opened Every Day In His Presence to this...

Time With God - Do you desire more time with the Lord, but can't seem to make it work out?  The day gets away from you, and the next thing you know, it is time to start all over again.

We are commanded to seek the Savior - to have a desire to know Him and His ways.  He also tells us that if we will pursue Him, we will find Him.  But it doesn't just happen, we must make Jesus a priority.  A demanding schedule or busy personal life is no excuse.  We must be careful not to pursue urgent or immediate goals while we miss the one thing that is absolutely essential to our spiritual health and, ultimately, our enduring success: intimacy with God.

So set boundaries and let nothing interrupt the time you have apportioned for the Father.  He will teach you about His nature and His eternal care, and will give you the strength to meet the challenges of life.  Then when problems come, challenges increase, or sorrows deepen, you will instinctively go to Him for wisdom and guidance with the confidence that He will provide only the absolute best for you." End


How amazing it is that this entry is exactly about what I was writing about.  What an awesome God we have.  He wants our love, our cooperation and our time!  He wants us, His sons and daughters.  It is so obvious how much He loves us.  We will see it, if we pay attention.

I just wish that my children would be as excited about seeking God as they are lately of the new game, "Pokemon Go".  It is an app whereby they go out and seek pokemon, gaining as many as they can.  It is all the rage right now in the United States.  Oh wait, I've been informed it's a world-wide rage.

Evidently, I've been informed by some of my children that a pokemon was in my kitchen sink yesterday.  I asked why it didn't do my dishes while there.  What good is he?  We've had some in our yard, the park, the courthouse. Talk about distractions!

As for me, I ain't takin' the bait.

Obviously, it's a trap.


No comments:

Post a Comment