Our Savior

Saturday, July 2, 2016

A Personal Relationship With Jesus

Jesus is not only God,
but He is our friend, our best friend.

That is the kind of relationship He wants with us.  He wants us to share everything with Him.  Not only the big things, but the small.

We may think, why does God care about my pile of laundry, or dusting of the furniture or pulling weeds in the garden?  We may think He has much bigger things to contend with and He pays no mind to such mundane things.  WRONG!  He wants to be included in every detail of your life.

You are special to Him.  He wants you to start and end your day talking to Him.  He is ever present.

Yesterday I was overwhelmed with housework.  I've been so busy outside painting and with the garden and such that housework inside was neglected.

My mother had stopped by and saw I needed help (especially with the laundry) and began helping.  As I was sweeping and dusting the Living Room, I sensed Jesus to say... "Accept her help."  I mostly certainly do!  Then I said to Jesus in my thoughts... "I wish someone would dust the Family Room."

 I was going to dust the Family Room, but was distracted to another area in need and never got there (that happens a lot).  However, later in the day I remembered and I went into the Family Room and found it already dusted!  I swept my fingers across the shelves and furniture.  Nope, no dust anywhere.  I was stumped.

So I asked my little Brooke, if she dusted the Family Room and she said she did.  I asked her what made her do that (since my children rarely help out without being asked), she said... "I don't know I just thought, I think mom could use some help, so I dusted it."

I found this curious since I never mentioned out loud my desire for someone to dust the Family Room!  Then I sensed the Lord to say... "I told her too.  She listens fairly well."

Now some may say that's absurd.  But, it is not.  God cares about everything in your life, even housework!

So if God wants to be that involved in the little, mundane things in our lives, how much more He wants to be included in the bigger things.  As I was pondering God's forever presence in our lives, I opened Every Day In His Presence to...

"When Others Fail Us - In times of trouble, why are we sometimes forsaken by those we trust?  Why don't our loved ones stand by us?  There are many reasons that others fail us, of course.  They underestimate how the simple, loving support and prayers of a close companion can encourage the soul.  However, even when it seems like everyone's walked out, 
you are never truly alone.

Abandoned by his friends, the apostle Paul was left to face his final court trial by himself, but the Lord took the opportunity to bless Paul with an even more powerful and profound experience of His presence.  The same is true for you.  God offers you peace and support just as He did to Paul.  Even if all others leave, He remains faithful.  Your Savior will never abandon you.  So when you feel forsaken, draw near to Him and find all the strength, comfort and friendship you need to make it through."  End

So, if we don't have this kind of a personal relationship with Jesus, we need to start today.  Share your day with Him.  Chat with Him on what you are thinking of having for dinner.  Bring Him along to the grocery store.  Ask Him for His suggestions.  You may be pleasantly surprised how your day sails along smoothly.

Not that we will never have troubles or will be overwhelmed, but just knowing that your best friend never leaves your side and is there to listen every moment of your life is comforting.


He knows, He cares.  Share with Him your moments.  He wants to be an active part of them.   He truly does.

Oh, and by the way, I do my housework in a dress and hi-heels.

Come on don't you too?
Admit it.


No comments:

Post a Comment