Our Savior

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Poor Souls

A most charitable act for us is to pray for lost souls, but also, let us not forget the poor souls in purgatory!

Last night a document called "Read Me or Rue It" By Fr. Paul O'Sullivan, that I had saved in my favorites popped up on my screen.  I didn't think that I accidentally clicked on it.  Maybe I did, but not on purpose.  So I began reading this document that I had saved, but only read once longer ago.

I sensed that this document was placed before me again to remind me to not forget the poor souls suffering purgatory.  After once again reading the document, I felt renewed in my quest to help these souls.

Upon going to bed I prayed the St. Gertrude prayer many times.  By praying this pray it was promised to St. Gertrude that us ordinary people on earth can help these poor souls leave their agony and enter heaven.

Here is a link to a free online booklet... https://www.ewtn.com/library/SPIRIT/READRUE.TXT

Here are two links on you tube of wonderful prayers given to St. Gertrude for the poor souls in purgatory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XndDHGUVaD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xMqd53gg-g

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses, said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, for those in my own home and within my own family, amen.

Click on to enlarge.

Let us pray to help the poor souls.  And offer up masses for them. It is one of the most charitable things you could ever do.




No comments:

Post a Comment