Our Savior

Friday, September 16, 2016

More Confirmations

Shortly after making the previous post "Field of Dreams", I asked Jesus about it and in particular about our daughter, Jen (she's had some real tough knocks in life).

I randomly opened my "Being Still With God" devotional by Henry & Richard Blackaby.  Here are some excerpts...

March 9 pg. 72 - "The Rewards of Discipline - Only one team wins the championship.  Only one swimmer wins the gold medal.  In Paul's day, only one runner wore the laurel wreath.  All of these accomplishments require intense training on the part of the competitors."

"In contrast to rings, medals and wreaths that are earned, God's salvation is a gracious gift.  We can't earn salvation and we don't compete for it.  Yet the richness of our salvation does depend largely on our effort and discipline.  Like an athlete's accomplishment, Christian maturity and spiritual power do not come automatically. They call for sustained, determined effort.  What does your spiritual training regimen look like?"

"...Are you being casual or careless about your relationship with Jesus? Spiritual disciplines will pay off in this life and in eternal rewards far greater than any ring or wreath.  Keep your eyes on the goal!"  End

Then as I was getting up out of my chair, book in hand, I looked to the book to reread the passage, when I realized somehow I was on a different page.  It was May 9, page 136 called - Our Glorious Transformation, with the same scripture I have in the "Field of Dreams" post...

"We all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory."
2 Corinthians 3:18

And here's an excerpt from that page...

"The Greek word translated "transformed" or "transfigured" means "changed into another form either externally or internally," but this change is not self-generated.  Our remodeling into Christlikeness is God's work in us.  It begins at salvation, and it happens by the Spirit as we walk with and abide in Christ."

"God, by His Spirit, gradually but assuredly conforms you into His image.  So learn to live continuously in God's presence.  Yield to every change the Spirit seeks to make.  Never let a hurried lifestyle disrupt your abiding in Christ.  Keep your eyes on Him as the Holy Spirit transforms you into Christ's likeness." End

Wow!  Two confirmations pertaining to my previous post.

Holy Spirit led me to podcasts done by Jennifer LeClaire where by she talked how our angels can help us with our transition in life.  Here is the link to her podcasts... Walking In The Spirit


I asked... "Lord, Jen really is going to "fly" isn't she?"
Heard... "Yes she is.  Pray it through."

Then I said... "I love her so much."
Heard... "I love her more."

We Believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment