Our Savior

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Are You Thirsty?

Last Thursday, my mom and I was at a store that has a great price on books.  We both bought a new devotional book... "Being Still with God" by Henry and Richard Blackaby.

When we began looking at it we both at the same time opened to the same exact page!  It was on page 160 - A Dry, Thirsty Land.  We knew it was no coincidence.  Here is an excerpt...

"Our body craves liquid replenishing.  But a deeper thirst plagues us, it is a spiritual, emotional thirst.  It results from dwelling in a world that parches and depletes our soul.  Being surrounded by worldly values, sin, conflict and criticism, we often lose our spiritual vitality and begin to wither.  In time we grow desperate for a refreshing, restorative drink from the Living Water.  It matters not that we drank yesterday, or the day before.  Today is a new day, and the hot, dry winds of this world have already begun to scorch our spirit and leave us depleted." End

Later in the day, my daughter, Dana, commented how all day at work she was so thirsty and it seemed nothing would quench her thirst.

Then, the very next morning on Fox News I was surprised to see a headline... "A Thirsty Thief".  It was a story about a man who stole a pizza and pop from a pizza delivery boy and as the thief was running away from the scene he began drinking the pop.  All this was caught on camera.

Okay Father, you've gotten my attention!

With everything coming together as it did beginning with "A Dry, Thirsty Land", I knew the Holy Spirit was leading me somewhere.  I just had to figure it out.  Today I found the last puzzle piece.

I found out about a very talented woman by the name of  Leah Catherine who is just starting a website with much insight and she uses her God-given talents in music.

Leah talks about Water of Life Music and how the Lord Jesus has given her many songs.

It's been impressed upon her heart that the Lord wants her to share her music to bless people.

It's been impressed upon my heart that I should share her website.  She's just beginning, but has many more songs to share.  Visit her here... http://www.wateroflifemusic.com/

Are you thirsty?  Come drink from Father's Water of Life.  Draw near to Him and let Him quench your thirst forever.

Visit Leah and go back often.  You will be replenished.  You will be blessed!

O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek you;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You;
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

Thank You Holy Spirit for helping me complete the puzzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment