Our Savior

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Stop Being A Victim!

Yesterday my mother and I began talking of different situations in our lives, especially with certain family members, that we know for their entire lives have fought attacks from the devil.  From their very beginnings they were a target.  We spoke of how distressing this is.

Shortly thereafter I heard in my spirit...

"Stop being a victim!  Stand up!  Stand up and fight!"

I felt the "warrior" rise up in me and I immediately made the post below entitled "For Such A Time As This!"  with the song by Beckah Shae entitled "Heartbeat" and the scripture Ephesians 6:10-13.  If you haven't listened to it, do so.  It's inspiring.

I wasn't completely sure that hearing "Stop being a victim!" was from the Holy Spirit, or if it was my own thoughts.  But, this morning at mass I received a definite confirmation that it truly was the Holy Spirit.

In Father Matt's homily this morning he starts out saying... "How can we stop being victims and start taking ownership of our own lives?"  Further into the homily he says,  "Stop being a victim!  Take up your cross and become a disciple.  If you put Jesus ahead of every consideration, you will find the joy you were mean't to have."  Wow, that got my attention!

Recently I've had fiery darts thrown at me to shut down my blog.  I was doubting whether my blog was doing any good, and also fear was coming upon me that somehow I've done something wrong.  Maybe I misquoted scripture and Father is displeased.  These thoughts assailed me, even though I'm very careful about quotes and such.  I still sensed a strong urge to shut it down!

I had this assault coming against me for a couple days very strong, but I fought against it.  I asked Jesus if I've done something displeasing to Him and sensed Him telling me...

"You can become too scrupulous and then be afraid to do anything.  Do not be too scrupulous!"

Then this morning upon waking I asked Jesus if He had anything to tell me for the day.  Then I heard this conversation play out in my head...

"I'm assigning you to shut her down!  Shut down her blog!"
  
"But, she is so well protected!" 

"I don't care!  Find a way!  Make her fear that she has done something wrong scripturally.  
I don't care what you do, but shut her down!"

I thought this was a conversation I was making up because I sensed something was up with how fearful I had felt a few days ago.   I felt such a strong urge to shut down my blog.  To shut up and be quiet.  That would be safer as to not be doing something that displeases God.

Then, I came upon Clare's (Still Small Voice) message that I posted about below.  After listening to her message, it really resonated with me the whole "fear" factor that I had just contended with recently, I heard in my spirit...

"This morning I allowed you to hear an actual conversation between satan and his demons.  That is why you felt fear.  They want to shut you down!"

I know that I am protected, but I also know that some fiery darts were allowed to hit target as a little trial, a test for me.

We all have been attacked by the enemy.  He doesn't want anything of God to be professed.  Not even this little blog.  He wants to shut us down!  However...
 We are not victims!
We are victorious in Jesus Christ!

Stop being a victim!
We Win!

This morning I asked Jesus if He wanted me to make a post about all this and I heard His reply to be...

"Write your story."

And... that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment