Our Savior

Friday, April 22, 2016

Prevailing Peace

Prevail - To be greater in strength or influence, to triumph, to be in force, use or effect, be current. 

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You!  Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.
(Isaiah 26:3-4)

I had just heard this morning something that grieved my heart.  Inadvertantly while getting my children ready for school, I heard a news story on television.  The story was about a dog that after two years lost came home.  Somehow this dog found it's way back.  A feel good story.  

Then, I hear the news lady comment how the dog now has been micro-chipped.  Then she comments, "Wow! I need to have my children micro-chipped to keep an eye on them."

And... what was also so dismaying was that the other three journalists sitting on the couch did not even flinch at this statement!  

Oh, how clueless these people are.  They have NO clue!  My heart was saddened.  So at mass this morning I talked to Father God about this and I sensed Him to tell me not to worry and that we are in His hands.  We are protected.  We are His remnant and will not be harmed.  "Your family is part of you.  You and your family are one and... We are one. " 

Interesting how Father Rick's homily was about not worrying and placing ourselves in God's hands.  After Father Rick's homily, I sensed Father God to say, "That is for you!"  Thank You Father!


It's hard and will keep getting harder to keep our peace in a world that is such an evil mess.  But, our only hope is in HIM.  And He will protect us.  He has promised.

I cling to Him.  As a mother I have to work hard to not worry about my children.  They are so "out" in the world.  They have their jobs and so many outside influences, some good, some bad.  But, Father has impressed it upon my heart over and over again... He's got this.  He's got my children in His hands.  He loves them more than I do.  

This is where Prevailing Peace comes in. It's that peace that never leaves.  It's that peace that is current, triumphant, ever present, in force and in effect.  It's that peace I ask Father for.  I ask and with faith I cling to Him for.  When everything rapidly takes a dive down, I want the strength, courage, endurance and prevailing peace that can ONLY come from Him.

I ask and pray for this Father, for I am so weak, small, weary.  But... I have YOU!  You are mine Papa.  I love You so much!  You are my everything!  Just typing this I began to cry...

I want to help, Papa!  Some how, some way, I want to help.  I am poor, weary and weak, but I know with You all things are possible. There are no impossibilities with You.  I will never leave You Father.  Not ever.  You are my Papa. I LOVE YOU!

Your Daughter Forever,
Lori

"Your situation may appear disheartening. But you must remember your help comes from the unseen - from the Lord your God who accomplishes all that concerns you. (Psalm 138:8).

"When the questions flood in, turn your mind to Him because that is where your battle is won. (2 Corinthians 10:5)

"Speak faith in Him.  Praise Him for His unfailing and mighty attributes.  Give thanks that He will lead you to triumph.  And not only will He conquer your fears, but He will give you the Spirit of power, love, and discipline that will keep you in perfect peace. (2 Timothy 1:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment