Our Savior

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lillies of the Field


I have a painting like this above my fireplace.  I found it at our local Thrift store.  When I saw it, i just knew it was for me.  I look at it often, pondering.

It is a painting of Cahaba lilies.  They bloom from Mother's Day to Father's Day.

Sparrow, He guardeth thee
Never a flight but thy wings he upholdeth
Never a night but thy nest He enfoldeth
Safely He guardeth thee.

Lily, He robeth thee
Though thou must fade
by the Summer bemoaned
Though art arrayed fair
as monarch enthroned
Spotless He robeth thee.

Hear, thou of little faith
Sparrow and lily are soulless and dying
Deathless art thou
will He slight thy faint crying?
Trust, thou of little faith.
(Streams in the Desert 3)



Seek first the Kingdom of God.

Have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment