Our Savior

Monday, April 25, 2016

Broken Hearts

At times we all suffer from a Broken Heart.  It's inevitable in a corrupt world.

There are many ways in life to have a broken heart, one of the most heartbreaking is the loss of a loved one especially in death.

My dad's brother just died.  He was 83 years old.  His family and friends have broken hearts.  He lived a fairly long life and had a good life.  Although, he did suffer with pain a lot.  Not just a little pain, sometimes excruciating pain.  

But, there is another kind of broken heart that results from a broken world.  This is where "strength" from Jesus definitely comes in.  I go to Him, I sit at His feet, I continually give it to Him, as we all should. None of us are immune to a broken heart now and then.  

God Himself suffers with a Broken Heart.  He looks at His sinful people and weeps.  This world is not what it should be.  Not even close.  God's people are not what they should be.  Many, many are not even close.   

I look around me and wait on Him.  Wait for the time when all the wrongs will be made right.  That is our hope.  Our only hope.  We wait and pray.

Last night I looked into our garage and saw my eleven year old, Brooke, playing with her dolls.  I went out and talked with her a bit.  I am really struck with how mature and level headed this little girl already is.  She definately is wise beyond her young years.  
She seemed sad.  She began talking with me on some disturbing things that she sees in this world.  She talked on disturbing things she sees some people do.  We both talked how being witness to some of these things literally can break your heart.  

So, we decided to get out some cotton candy flavored ice cream and heal a tad.  While we sat there eating our ice cream, I heard something fall.  I looked at her and asked, "What was that?"  She said, "I know what is was, I saw it drop."  Interestingly, there was a refrigerator magnet on our garage freezer.  It was a heart.  One half of the heart broke off and fell to the ground. 

Yes, we all experience a broken heart now and then.  But, the broken heart right now that God is experiencing is beyond imagination.  We can't comprehend His grief.  We can't even come close.

That refrigerator heart magnet breaking in half and falling to the ground was not a coincidence.  Brooke and I were talking about broken hearts. God was showing us... His heart is broken too. Heartwrenchingly broken.

But there is always hope.  Hope in Him.

Pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment