Our Savior

Monday, September 17, 2018

Work For It!

Sunday morning while driving to Mass I saw a truck in front of me.  I noticed large red letters on the back window.  As I got closer it read...

"Work For It"

The second reading at Mass was James 2:14-18...

"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?  Can that faith save him?  If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well" but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?  So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Indeed someone might say, "You have faith and I have works."  Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works."
 (James 2:14-18)

Prior to Mass I see the truck with the words "Work For It", then the second reading is about faith and works.  Wow!

We have been struggling through much spiritual warfare as of late.  It seems issues come out of nowhere and slam us!

I asked Jesus how to deal with them all and sensed his urging to pray, pray and pray.  And to especially pray the Rosary, Divine Mercy Prayer and the St. Gertrude Chaplet Prayer for poor sinners, universal sinners and family and poor souls in purgatory.

Then I came across a message given to Clare of "Still Small Voice" speaking of the many trials coming at the Bride.  Here is an excerpt...

"I bless you now with My patience and endurance in these trials.  Do not let your hearts grow bitter, exhausted, despondent.  Know that each one of these things is a work.  A Hard work.  And you will not lose your reward in Heaven."


Although I am so tired of fighting the battle, I feel led to continue on.  To keep on keeping on.  To finish the race strong!  

And that takes endurance!


Three Rhema words I received...

"I am rejoicing over you with singing."

"Through scorn and contempt I am training you in detachment from the opinions of others and agape, brotherly love."

"Even if war breaks out against me, I will be confident in You Lord and what You are doing."


No comments:

Post a Comment