Our Savior

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Happy!!

Today 9:07 a.m. a text to Jackie's teacher...

"I'll be bringing Jackie to school at 11:00 she was up last night a lot in the night giggling for some reason.  So she didn't get a lot of sleep and I'm having a heck of a time getting her out of bed.  So I'm going to let her sleep in a little longer and I'll have her there by 11:00.

A short time later I send her teachers another text...

"OK it looks now like we're going to make it on time.  I continued to let her sleep, but after about 20 minutes she jumps out of bed exuberantly happy and excited and she probably has said the word "Happy!" to me about 30 times while she giggles.  There is really something different going on with Jackie right now!!"

Those were the text messages sent this morning to Jackie's teachers.  I continued to get her ready for school and she was the happiest I have ever seen this child!  When we got to school, she ran down the hall so fast and upon entering the classroom almost knocked over the teacher.  She continued her giggling and kept saying... "Happy!  Happy!"  over and over again.  Everyone is truly amazed and happy!

I told the teachers don't be surprised if in an hour she passes out on her desk, because this kind of happiness is exhausting!  We all laughed! 

Jackie's sister gets married this Saturday.  Before I left I said to Jackie, "Are you excited about the wedding?"  She exclaimed "Happy!"  Upon saying the word "Wedding" I had chills up and down my body.

I'm posting about this today because I know there is a lot more to all this than actually meets the eye.  Something is going on.  The wedding this weekend is exciting, but truly Jackie doesn't cognitively understand much about a wedding.  But I sense there's a whole lot more going on here. 

Before going to bed last night I noticed Jackie watching a music video by Simply Three.  I stopped the video and said we need to go to bed now Jackie.  That music video came to my mind after I got back from dropping her off at school this morning.  I went to her I-Pad and found it.  It was called "Happy".  Thing is Jackie cannot read and no one here told her the name.  I had no idea until this morning what it is called.  Here is that video...


Something is going on.  Something is different.  Jackie this morning was "over-the-top" Happy!  I don't think it's just a song that is making her happy.  She watches peppy and happy songs a lot.  I sense it is a whole lot more!  I couldn't be happier. 

And neither can Jackie!

HAPPY!  HAPPY!  HAPPY!

Have a Happy Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment