Our Savior

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Clothed In Christ

Last Sunday a few of us were at home watching a football game.  We decided on pizza for dinner.  So I went to the Care-it to pick one up.  Nothing very interesting there.  However, this time was somehow... different.

I go up to the cashier with the pizza to pay for it.  The cashier starts really carrying on how much she liked my clothes!

Now, thing is my clothes were not that special.  They were very average.

I had on jean capri's, a black undershirt with a dark green button shirt open in front and black sandals.  And, before I left to pick up the pizza, I looked at my top and noticed a missing button and a couple spots of food or something on the front.  I just brushed it off and thought... Oh it will be good enough.

However, the cashier made a big deal.  She said... "I love your clothes!  They really look nice!  I love your shoes too! They really go well with your outfit.  Your whole outfit is something you can wear anywhere casually or even dressed up!  I really like your shirt.  I like that color!"  You could tell she was being sincere and not sarcastic.

I was a little surprised and I looked down at my shirt missing a button and a couple spots on it and said... "Yes!  It's really umm... green!"

Then when I go to leave a gentleman says very enthusiastically "How can I help you? Can I open the door for you?'  I said, "Sure!".  Then he says, "Can I open your car door for you too?"  I replied... "Um, sure!"  Then he said, "Have a good day!"

It just was a little strange to me because it was a little odd and over-the-top.  I just knew it was significant.  I knew it mean't more than just someone liking my clothes.

Then I thought... "Clothed in Christ". 

This makes me think... I have spots on my clothes.  But, in asking sincerely for forgiveness, the Blood of Jesus is my covering.  I can go throughout the day "Clothed in Christ".

Being "Clothed in Christ" my clothes are
kempt, clean and pristine.


    "For He has clothed me with garments of salvation; and with the robe of justice he hath covered me."
(Isaiah 61:10)


No comments:

Post a Comment