Our Savior

Sunday, September 24, 2017

What's Your Story?

Everyone has one.  What is yours?

My sixth child has now started working at the hospital.  After his first full day I asked him how it went.  He said "Good!"  Then he got a somber look on his face.  I asked what was wrong.  And he sighed... and said, "Mom, there's so much suffering.  It's sad.  I did all I could do, but it's so sad."

He works on the neuro floor and so he deals with brain trauma, depression, suicide attempts, sickness, a lot brought on by drug addictions.

It is sad.  There are so many people suffering.  No one knows another's pain.  As he spoke, I was teary eyed.  He said, "Mom, you couldn't work there, you are too soft hearted."  I looked at him and said, "Bryan, you are soft hearted too."

I told him to do his best.  The best he can to help them and that is all he can do.  Just love and care for them.  They are sick and may be pretty unlovable at times, but don't take that personally.  They are in pain, both physically and mentally.  No one knows another's story.

He said, "Mom, as soon as I got home I hugged my girlfriend and said, 'I'm so glad of my life."

To be a nurse or nurse tech takes a very special kind of person.  If you are in it just for the money, you will never make it.  You have to do it because you want to help, really help people.  It's not an easy job.

I have a lot of respect for them and Care Givers in general.  They take on a heavy load.  I know this for a fact.  I witness six of my children doing it.

Nurses and Care Givers witness many things and they hear many stories.  Some good, some not.

God bless nurses and all care givers.  They are a special group of people.  And I am so happy that I have six of them... and in the future maybe a couple more.

I asked Bryan... "Do you like it?"

And he said, 

"Yes.  Yes I do."

God Bless the Nurses and Care Givers!

It is an ongoing Work of Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment