Our Savior

Friday, September 15, 2017

Seed

Below is a post I originally made on February 20, 2016.  For some reason it has been placed upon my heart to repost it.  In my previous post I talk of seeds.  It seems to be a reoccurring theme on my heart as of late.  
So, here it is...

As I awoke today, I asked the Lord, what revelation do you have for me today?  And I heard... "seed".  You see about a week ago I received inspiration for a blog post... I heard, "seed".  So I started a post naming it Seed, but it really didn't get anywhere.  I didn't know what I was supposed to do with this information.  So, it stayed as a draft, until today...  

The Parable of the Sower 
That same day Jesus went out and sat by the lake.  Such large crowds gathered around Him that He got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore.  Then He told them many things in parables, saying:  "A farmer went out to sow his seed.  As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path and the birds came and ate it up.  Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil.  It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.  But, when the sun came up, the plants were scorched and they withered because they had no root.   Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.  Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop - a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.  Whoever has ears, let them hear."  

The disciples came to Him and asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?"
He replied, "Because the knowledge of the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven has been given to you, but not to them.  Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance.. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.  This is why I speak to them in parables:
"Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand..  In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them."

But, blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear,
but did not hear it."

God is The Farmer, and God's garden is within us.  He plants His seeds there, but what condition is the soil of our hearts? The Lord's testimony in the earth begins from our hearts.  Is our soil ready?  Ready for God's seed?  Change comes from within.
God is taking us back... back to the Garden of  Eden.
He goes after the inner soul of man.  
If we do not deal with the offense and brokenness in our hearts, that is what we will reveal to others.  


We must prepare for the cycle of the seed, spring, summer, fall and winter.  We must prepare the soil.  We must have clean hearts, not perfect hearts for we are not perfect, but clean, prepared for the seed.

God's seed He is planting there.  We must not let the thorns and weeds choke out the good that God is planting.  Otherwise, that seed dies and will bear no fruit.
God is The Farmer, and in His image we too are farmers.  If we take good care of our crops, we will reap a large harvest.

Jesus... He is God's seed that was planted, nourished and grew.

He would be that single grain of wheat, to die on the cross and be resurrected.  This would lead to a great harvest of souls.
God is asking us, His Lil' Farmers, to let His seed grow, to nourish it, to die to self, and in loving others as He loves us, bring in a great harvest of souls.

It starts... in the heart.

In our family, a beautiful girl named Debbie, died at the young age of 21.  Every time, 
 I would think of Debbie, I would hear in my spirit "seed". 

Debbie was a Godly seed, planted, nourished, she grew, was "planted" into our family and then yet in her youth... she died.  Her heart stopped on the operating table. 

Before, whenever I thought of  Debbie, I would hear "seed".  But now, while  pondering the word "seed" and Debbie together, I hear... 

Love.

Debbie's heart did not stop that day.


It began beating within us.

It starts...with the heart.   

No comments:

Post a Comment