Our Savior

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Lost Sheep

About a week ago at around 7:30 am a police officer was knocking at our door.  My husband opened the door and was told that some of our goats were loose in the neighborhood. He laughed and said they are not goats, but sheep and they are not ours, but belonged to the neighbors behind us.

The officer then drives to our neighbor's house and then we see our neighbor get on his four wheeler, which is his "sheep dog" and drive to the neighbors across the street from us.  We looked and then saw the entire herd of around 35 sheep in their back yard.  It was comical to watch them be rounded up and guided back into the fenced in area.  I love sheep.  They are so calm and moved ever so slowly back, looking as if they didn't have a care in the world as the four wheeler slowly weaved to and fro behind them.

Later in the day my husband and I and my dad were in the garden and I noticed on the lawn a large clump of dung that I knew was not from our cats.  Then, we began seeing them all over the yard.  Yep, it was sheep dung and in the night that entire herd was in OUR backyard.  They were proved guilty by all the evidence!  I wish I would have saw them, but it was in the wee hours of the morning I'm sure.  We got a chuckle out of it.

I went back into the house and looking at the garden through the window I started thinking about all the sheep that was obviously there in the night, I sensed in my spirit...


"My lost sheep.  They will come here."
  

"Be extremely gentle, austere, chaste, obedient, contrite, poor, compassionate and deeply humbled.  I am preparing you and this is 
the road you must travel."
Random Rhema Word (August 28, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment