Our Savior

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Hold On To Me

Last week our daughter Kimberly returned home from a trip to South Dakota with some friends.  One of Kim's girlfriend's family moved there and so the remaining friends decided to fly there for a visit.

Of course, we tend to worry about our children going on such trips, but I placed her in God's hands and asked for an enterauge of angels to surround them.  It was toward the end of the trip one day I opened my ipad and to my horror there was a video of the girls jumping off a jagged cliff into a swimming hole.  I said out loud... "What are you all thinking?"

It wasn't until she was safe at home that Kimberly gave me the entire story and it could have ended badly.  She said, "Mom, now that I'm home and safe I'll tell you what happened."  And so the story goes...

The girls convinced the dad to take them to this spot on a cliff to jump off.  This area was not regulated at all.  There was a large waterfall and a cliff right next to it.  A large swimming hole spot that someone randomly left a rope and people would jump at their own risk.  She assumed it was 30-35 ft. high.  Kim was the last to jump.  The other girls managed climbing back up alright and so Kim got herself some courage.

She jumped and hit the water and began swimming to the rope.  As she began climbing she noticed she was getting tired. The rope had knots to cling to, but suddenly the knots ended and she had to find something to grip onto.  She said she was looking for an area to place her foot.  There was a protruding rock where she planted her foot and gave herself a good push.  However, her foot slipped and she started to slip down truly struggling to hold on.  She said she had hardly no strength left.

The girls screamed for the dad to help her and after more struggle she was pulled up to the top.  She said she was shaking uncontrollable and looked down and saw how if she would have fell she would have landed on jagged rocks.  She said, "It wouldn't have ended well for me mom."

Needless to say I was upset and I sensed strongly in my spirit...

"I pulled her up. I pulled her up!"  

And immediately, I envisioned Jesus hanging over the cliff with His arm outstretched pulling Kimberly to safety.  I truly believe Jesus working through the dad pulled her up. Thank You Jesus for holding on to our Kimberly!

And just a side note, the picture of the outreaching hands above was entitled... "My foot slipped".

Shortly before me seeing the video of the girls jumping, I remember being in the car and singing rather loudly to this song that was on the radio "Unsteady"...

Little did I know!


Jesus saves!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment