Our Savior

Friday, July 21, 2017

Shadow Chaser

"Whoever rests in the shelter of the Most High will rest in
 the shadow of the Almighty."
Psalm 91:1

Yesterday I came upon a book lying on my daughter's desk.  I never remember having this book, but it was an old, discontinued library book that we had acquired probably long ago.  As soon as I saw the title I knew there was something more to it.  The book was not lying there by chance.

"Shadow Chaser" From the Land of Barely There, is a book written by an inspiring writer of children's books, Stephen Cosgrove.  He dedicated the book to Pastor Michael Anderson writing, "When I was afraid and in the dark, Michael lit a candle that illuminated my path."

Here is a synopsis of "Shadow Chaser" by Corinne H. Smith - "Gabriel Groundhog is afraid of shadows and does not want to leave his burrow on Groundhog Day.  He even lashes out at a "bundled bunny" who knocks at the door several times to arouse him.  The creatures of the forest get together and decide that if they can't take Gabriel to his shadow, they will take shadows to Gabriel.  They enter his bedroom and make shadow figures on the wall, showing him that there is nothing to be afraid of.  Together they laugh, and together they emerge into the world."

I knew Holy Spirit was telling me something by this.  What came to mind was on August 21, 2017 we will have across the United States a total eclipse of the sun. Which, of course casts a shadow. I came across what are called "Eclipse Chasers", who are people who travel the world chasing after total eclipses.  I feel this eclipse is significant.  Later I randomly clicked on this Rhema word...
"Take courage and be not afraid."

But, this morning I randomly clicked on a Rhema word and it was this...

"Because you have the Lord for your refuge; you have made your Most High your stronghold... no evil shall befall you, nor affliction come near your tent, for to His angels He has given the command about you that they guard you in all your ways."

I looked up where this Rhema word was based from in the bible and it is Psalm 91...

"Whoever rests in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in Whom I trust.  Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.  He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your 
shield and rampart."
Psalm 91:1-4

Around a week ago I had a very vivid and brief dream.  I remember seeing Nicole and Andy and the grandkids here in our kitchen talking.  I was looking at my small Christmas tree that I put in my kitchen each year and was frustrated because the Christmas lights would not work.  Hmmm.

I don't know if that snippet of a dream means anything, but this I do know...
"Take courage and be not afraid."

What have I taken from all this?  That... Yes, we are Shadow Chasers, chasing after the Shadow of the Almighty.  He is our refuge and our fortress, our God in Whom we trust!

After putting this post together, I asked Jesus about it and sensed in my spirit... 

"Job well done.  Thank you for taking the time and listening to Me.  Now put your finishing touches on it and push "Publish".  I have more for you 
so stay tuned."

Then here is a snippet of what I immediately opened to from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young...

Pg. 228 - "Sit quietly in My Presence while I bless you.  Make your mind like a still pool of water, ready to receive whatever thoughts I drop into it."

And this from Psalm 84...

"Wilt Thou be angry with us forever or wilt Thou extend thy wrath from generation to generation:  Thou wilt turn, O God and bring us to life; and thy people shall rejoice in Thee.  Shew us, O Lord, thy mercy; and grant us Thy salvation.  I will hear what the Lord God will speak in me; for He will speak peace unto His people and unto His saints; and unto them 
that are converted to the Heart."
Psalm 84:5-9

Just prior to publishing this post I pondered on the meaning of Stephen Cosgrove's  book series "From The Land of Barely There."  And this came to mind...

"From the land of barely there, but powerfully Present."

Then I came across this quote from Pete Wilson...

"God is most powerfully Present even when He seems most painfully absent."

So we say... "Yes Lord, we are Shadow Chasers.  Keep us hidden in the safe Shadow of your Wings."


There...

That's my finishing touch.

Praise God!



No comments:

Post a Comment