Our Savior

Friday, July 28, 2017

It's a Material World

Greed (Google.com) - Intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power or food.

My husband comments often..."You always want what you don't have."

He's speaking of people in general.  And I always come back quickly with...

"I don't!"

Because, I can honestly say that I am happy with what I have and where God has placed me.  I am content.  Actually I feel very wealthy and blessed.  God has been so good to us.  I know Father God is not happy when he gives us so much and we just want more.

Yesterday our family went to an amusement park.  It was a nice time with family.  As a matter of fact, my heart was warmed when my one daughter was talking about riding this ride, then this one and on and on and her boyfriend looked at her and said...

"It's not about how many rides you can ride, it's about the people you are with."

I looked at him and said... "Well said!"

I like that guy! (smile)

And during the day, my oldest child was heard saying...

"Sometimes having fun is so exhausting."

Wow, well said! That is also true. (smile)

There is a song that has been popping into my head as of late.  It is the song "Material World". 

Thinking on this song, it comes to mind of course... greed.  Wanting material things, more money and more stuff.

Now we can all agree that if you don't have enough, like to pay your bills, that can quickly become uncomfortable.  But, I am not talking about basics, I'm talking excess, beyond what we actually need.  Most of us just have too much stuff.

However, I think it goes much, much deeper than that.  I sense this song popping into my head is not only about greed, but also spirituality, the lack thereof.

We are on a world whereby many people are truly stuck to the earth like glue, the physical realm.  It's all about the here.  Many have a hard time seeing the spiritual realm which is more real than the physical.  Longer ago, I felt this impressed upon my heart...

"We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a physical one."

Think about it!
I found that to be profound!

Yes, we live in a "Material World"

But above all else,

"A Spiritual World"

The "Material World" is a constant pull on us.  It takes an asserted effort to pause and think beyond what we see, and to look into what is unseen, which is actually our true reality.

If we are to truly grasp the reason for our existence, and seek out God's will in our lives.  And, know how we are to do His will, we need to grasp the "Spiritual".

'Cause God has a plan for us and I'm assuming that it's not...
just to gather up a bunch of stuff.


God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment