Our Savior

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Lilacs!

Today Nick came in the house and said, "Have you been outside?  What's that smell?  Come out and see what I mean."  So I walked outside with him and he kept walking around the yard saying, "It smells like flowers, but there are no flowers around so how can that be?  How can that be?  It smells like... lilacs!"

He walked out to the mailbox and said "I can smell it way out here!"  I smelled it too, it was really odd.  We have a bush of violet lilacs, but it is not in bloom.  And you could never smell it's aroma all over the yard!

Then Bryan's girlfriend commented on it.  She said, "Yes, I smelled it last night and couldn't figure out what is was."

Nick kept walking around saying, "It's lilacs, it's lilacs!"

What made this extremely odd is that Clare on "Small Still Voice" had a video yesterday and she mentions Lilac oil.  In the video Clare says... "It is a  heavenly fragrance I love to wear, which is unusual for me; I don't normally pay attention to such things."  Nick doesn't listen to her videos and so had no idea of the mention of lilac oil.  So, isn't it so odd that he's exclaiming, "It's lilacs!  It's lilacs!"

"The Scent of Lilacs"

Even the greatest of treasuries
Cannot hold all of my memories

But that one flower is different

Once you smell His mysteries
It stays in you for centuries.

I came across the above poem by Hello Poetry-Give A Little Love

I looked up the meaning of lilacs per Google.com - Lilacs:  White lilacs represent purity and innocence, violet lilacs symbolize spirituality.  Lilac, the color for which this flower is named, is a light purple which 
symbolizes a first love.

I found all this very interesting!

Praise God!


No comments:

Post a Comment