Our Savior

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Waiting on God

Last night I had a dream...

It was all about potatoes.  Growing potatoes.  Watching potatoes grow.  Watching potatoes mature.  Harvesting potatoes.

I had a large garden of potatoes.  They were beautiful, but not quite mature enough for harvest.  So I waited.

I had a neighbor that also had a very large garden of potatoes.  He started digging up his potatoes before they were mature.  I kept telling him to stop, for his were not flowering yet, they were not at maturity and his would be small and few.  He did not listen to me and his potatoes were few and very small.

The next scene I see my potatoes coming into maturity and flowering.  As the flowers began to wilt I knew it was time to harvest.  My harvest was large and plentiful.

I knew right away what the Lord was telling me in this dream...  Wait on Him and be patient in my waiting.

God has perfect timing.  He has a perfect plan.  If we grow weary and jump in too early ahead of God and before the proper, ripe time, we'll miss the big harvest that God has planned for us.

We all desire a better world.  We desire healing for us and our families.  We can become weary and tired.
It's not easy to wait, but God knows best and He wants us to trust in 
His perfect timing. 

Persevere.  Be vigilant.  Keep watching.  
He's coming.  

"Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord.  Behold the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, and has long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.  Be you, therefore, also patient, and strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand."
James 5:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment