Our Savior

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Destiny

Destiny - the events that will necessarily happen to a person or thing in the future.
 What is our Destiny... in God?  He has it all mapped out for us.  Do we hear Him?  Are we on track?  Are we on the right track?  Are we waiting for our destiny to just happen?  Are we waiting for our destiny to come and get us?

Look no longer... it is here.  Our destiny is the choices we make every single day... every minute of our day.  It is what we choose to focus on.  It is what we ourselves decide to pursue.  

It's easy in this action addicted world to veer off course.  I do constantly.  Distractions are everywhere.  I have found myself bombarded with distractions.  I feel at times, I am drifting.  The other day I found myself asking... "Jesus, where are you?"  I sensed His reply... "I haven't gone anywhere, it is you who has drifted.  I am always here beside you.  I never leave.  You leave me."  

I'm sorry Lord for being so distracted.  I find that when I have too much on my "plate", I can't even pray.  My mind whirls.  I can't quiet myself. 

While I'm typing this, I felt nudged to randomly open Every Day in His Presence.  I opened to this...
"First -  What is it that consumes your thoughts today?  What holds the utmost place of prominence in your life?  Your answer will say a great deal about what's truly important to you. 

But be warned, the frustrations and discouragement you face often have more to do with what you're pursuing than anything else.  Perhaps you desire to be loved or respected, to be appreciated and accepted for who you are.  Maybe you yearn to feel whole, safe or free from burdens.  So you chase the goals, objects and people who seen to answer your profound need.  

But friend, these misplaced priorities will rob you of peace, energy and joy.  It is God alone who deserves the highest place of honor in your life.  Do you spend time with Him daily, seeking His face and deepening your intimacy with Him?  Do you pursue Him with greater passion than everything else?

If not, you will be disappointed.  Nothing is as wonderful or worthy as He is.  And nothing can satisfy your soul as He will."  End

When I feel myself starting to drift away from Jesus, I also sense joy leaving me too.  That's because Jesus is all joy.  He is our joy.  He is the truth the way and the life.  We must keep running to Him.  

We need to live our lives according to His Divine Will.  Staying in His Divine Will for us will lead us to a destiny we could never have ever fathomed.

We fail, but God never fails.  We are weak, but with Him we are made strong.  Take our hand Lord and lead us.  Help us to live within Your Divine Will.  Lead us to our destiny.  Lead us to the destination that you have laid out for us since the beginning of time.  We are forever Yours.  You are our Papa.  Guide us.  We love You.  



No comments:

Post a Comment