Our Savior

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Music, Music, Music

Jackie all throughout this school year thus far is doing great!  Such a difference from the beginning of last year.  She's much calmer and happier and we do contribute some of this to the music.

Over the summer she began viewing and listening to classical music, music by the Piano Guys, Simply Three and others.  She loves imitating playing the cello, violin and trumpets.

The teachers noticed a difference getting her to cooperate if they played her music for her on her I-Pad.  They are now playing music as a soft background for the entire special needs classroom.  Its making a difference!

It's partly the music!  We know this to be true.  Yes, partly music, but in whole... God.

In my post of  September 15, 2018 entitled "A Song Within You", I sensed I was told after pondering on darks days that may lie ahead... "You will have struggles, but your heart will sing again!  You have a song within you!"

That resignates strongly with me.  We have a song that we carry within us.  It is in our very soul.  We know this song.  We've known it all along.  It is there.  It is in our DNA.

So much is in the music.  It's in the song.  It won't be long and we will be singing it.  For even though it is an ancient melody, it is familiar.  Our memories will be spurned and we will sing with all our heart and soul.  It was written by the Almighty God, and we carry it within us.


On October 22, 2018 my son came home and commented how he couldn't believe on the way home on his radio the song "Africa" by Toto was playing on the radio.  It's such an old song he said.  I thought well... so what?  Then a few hours later I went to Mass upon driving home the song "Africa" came on the radio.  I thought well... how odd?  

So I looked into the song and found that nobody really understands what it is about.  The writer of the song and vocalist David Paich said he didn't really know why he wrote those words, but they just flowed to him like from a higher power.  Ever since then he and others have different ideas what it is about and came up with some scenarios.  No matter, it was a top hit in the eighties.  I guess it had a good beat.  In the lyrics... "Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies."  and "Gonna take some time to do the things we never had."  were intriguing.

However, this song kept coming back to me.  I awoke two nights in a row with it's melody playing in my head.  I don't know what it is about this song... but there is something different, perhaps special.  Or... maybe not.  Who knows.
  
I hear the drums echoing tonight.

Can you hear it?


No comments:

Post a Comment