Our Savior

Friday, August 24, 2018

Distracted...

This morning...

"Lord, I know that you are always here.  I have been so distracted with all there is to do.  I speak to You Lord and you answer, but my distracted mind goes around and around and I don't hear... I miss You Lord."

Heard in my spirit...  "I am always here.  It is not I that strays... it is you."

Please give me some revelation Lord.  Can I have a Rhema word on this Lord? (I clicked on a random Rhema word)...

"...When God is speaking...
We must do as one who is very curious,
and listens at the door.
We must listen to all that God says
at the door of our heart."

And then I was prompted to randomly open "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  I did to this...

"I continually call you to closeness with Me.  I know the depth and breadth of your need of Me.  I can read the emptiness of your thoughts when they wander away from Me.  I offer rest for your soul, as well as refreshment for your mind and body.  As you increasingly find fulfillment in Me, other pleasures become less important.  Knowing Me intimately is like having a private wellspring of Joy within you.  This spring flows freely from My throne of grace, so your Joy is independent of circumstances.

Waiting in My Presence keeps you connected to Me, aware of all that I offer you.  If you feel any deficiency, you need to refocus your attention on Me.  This is how you trust Me in the moments of your life."  End

Wow!  How awesome!

Lately I'm mostly the one doing the talking.  I ramble on and on to our Lord.  But... it's usually a one-way conversation.  I'm speaking much, but not taking much time to listen, I mean truly listen.  To be still.

I need to stop the fast spinning wheel of this life...

After I typed the above I was going to push "publish", however, the Lord had something more.  I randomly came upon this music video below.

Interesting thing is this morning I began searching for a music video by an artist that I liked long ago, I thought the song was called "Rain".  I could not remember her name and could not find it.  So, I love Enya and so I went there and listened to her song called "Rain".  But, that just wasn't it.  I had such a strong desire to find a certain song called "Rain"!  I didn't know why, but I kept searching.  Then... I came upon the video below.

I saw this video after I typed... "I need to stop the fast spinning wheel of this life..."  When I typed that I saw in my imagination a wheel spinning.  Notice the spinning bicycle wheel on the car window in the video.  I know I was purposely led to the song "Rain" by Simply Three.  There is no such thing as a coincidence.  

I'm speaking much, but not taking much time to listen, I mean truly listen.  To be still...

SimplyThree

I know that He is drawing me back to Eucharistic Adoration and the rosary...

I've been absent lately.

There is a void in all of us that can only be filled by God.

I need to stop and SLOW down to listen to the music...

His Music!


"But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with it's mother; like a weaned child I am content."
Psalm 131:2

Thank You Father God!



No comments:

Post a Comment