Our Savior

Sunday, June 26, 2016

In The Rain

Why is it so intriguing to watch children play in the rain?

When my children were small if it was not lightning they would sometimes go out into the rain with their little umbrellas.

I would watch them play and splash in the puddles and sometimes I took pictures.

I found it entertaining and so did they.   

  

  And there's just something special about a gentle summertime rain.  The feel and smell of the rain.  For some reason I even would feel closer to God standing in a gentle summertime rain.

I remember a time when the kids shampooed their hair in the rain.  A quick shower!

So, what really is it about watching children playing in the rain?

Maybe it's their playfulness, sense of adventure,  sense of awe.  Maybe it's how easily they were entertained.

Or maybe it was just the smile 
that it placed upon their face.

Maybe...

 it was just as simple as that.


No comments:

Post a Comment