Our Savior

Saturday, August 31, 2019

God's Gated Community

We have our son's dogs here this weekend.  We keep them inbetween outside and our laundry room.  We have a gate there to contain them.  It's funny that no matter how small that gate is they will never cross over it.  Even if the gate falls down, they stay behind the gate!  It's humorous since they are quite large dogs and could jump over or knock it down anytime they want.  Sometimes I just lean it against the wall and it still suffices!

Today the dogs were outside and I was doing laundry.  There leaning against the wall was the gate.  My husband walked by and chuckled and said, "Are you in the Gated Community now?

I laughed, but it struck me.  "The Gated Community".  Are we in it?  It is my hope to be in only one "Gated Community".  That of God's!

Adam's dogs know that at any time they could break through the gate.  However, they know that to please their master they are to be obedient and stay within the gates.  It is not only protection for themselves, but others.  I highly appreciate their obedient natures.  They have been well trained.

Staying within the Gates.  

That is where I long to be.  

Obedient to my Master, Jesus Christ!

Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment