Our Savior

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Gratitude...

It's all in the Attitude!

We've been very busy with life in general and also with preparing and doing some planting in our garden.  

Jackie and I are still experiencing static shocks.  On Sunday I got a shock from ground beef sitting on a plastic plate!  I was telling my son, Bryan about getting a "snap" from his hamburger-in-the-making and he said that he's been getting some "pokes" lately too.

He is a nurse tech and he said the night prior at work he was pushing a patient through the hallway along with his IV pole.  When he touched the automatic door opener he received a rather large shock that traveled through him and shut down the IV machine he was holding onto.  He said it actually hurt!  They had to plug the IV machine in for a recharge for the battery was totally "dead".  They all were "shocked"!  They had never seen that before!  Now that is being "supercharged!"  Something strange is going on.

I also want to tell of what happened to me last night.  I know that many of us have lots of aches and pains.  I've been waking up feeling like I'm 99 instead of 56!  But, over the last couple months my right arm has been bothering me a lot.  Sometimes I have a hard time lifting my arm and need to assist it with my left arm. It's not a real big deal, mostly a nuisance.  However, last night I awoke in the night with pain radiating up and down my right arm.  Pretty severe pain.

It did not matter how I positioned myself or how much I massaged it, it really ached to the point that I most certainly could not go back to sleep.  After dealing with it awhile I asked Father God if He would please take away the pain for I was very tired and the pain was not letting me sleep.  Within seconds the pain was totally gone!  Gone!  I then went on to a peaceful sleep.

I thanked Father God over and over again.  I sensed that I heard... "I am here for you."  And upon getting out of bed in the morning I heard one word... " Gratitude!"

Actually the word "Gratitude" has been placed upon my heart a lot lately.  I've been working on being thankful no matter what the circumstances.  Not so easy to do sometimes!

In the morning while in the car with Jackie driving to school we thank Father God for everything He has done for us and everything He continues to do daily.  We praise His name!  Jackie has been doing a lot better at school lately, and for that we are truly grateful!

While thinking upon these things and how grateful I was that Father had taken away the pain in my arm last night, I randomly opened "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young to page 215 it read as follows...

"Thankfulness opens the door to My Presence.   Though I am always with you, I have gone to great measures to preserve your freedom of choice.  I have placed a door between you and Me, and I have empowered you to open or close that door.  There are many ways to open it, but a grateful attitude is one of the most effective.

Thankfulness is built on a substructure of trust.  When thankful words stick in your throat, you need to check up on your foundation of trust.  When thankfulness flows freely from your heart and lips, let your gratitude draw you closer to Me.  I want you to learn the art of giving thanks in all circumstances.  See how many times you can thank Me daily; this will awaken your awareness to a multitude of blessings.  It will also cushion the impact of trials when they come against you.  Practice My Presence by practicing the discipline of thankfulness." End

WoW!  What a confirmation for me!  When I woke up this morning I heard the word "Gratitude" and then when I was going to start this post I felt led to entitle it "Gratitude"  then to open up to the above passage was amazing!

When we ask for a healing and if it is according to Father's will it happens... sometimes immediately.  Sometimes we ask and we are not healed, or at least not right away.  We are all in the process of His healing His way every day.

Father knows best. 

 Help us Father to be thankful in all circumstances.

Help us Father to have an Attitude of Gratitude.

Thy will be done. 

God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment