Our Savior

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Genocide...

"I can handle a handicapped child, I just can't handle a dead one."

This is a statement made by my husband when our little girl was born with Down Syndrome and was having heart issues.  I'll never forget it.  That day I had increased respect for my husband.

I remember thinking how in today's society a large majority of people in this world would probably say just the opposite... 

"I can handle a dead child,  I just can't handle a handicapped one."  

There is a high percentage of abortion after a diagnosis of Down Syndrome.  

Society is filled with those who think they have it all figured out.  Many times those in very high places think they dictate who is worthy of living and who is not.  They look down on and scorn the ones with Down Syndrome, the mentally impaired, the old, the physically impaired, the littlest and most defenseless ones, etc... 

These are the very ones that God uses in the most extraordinary ways.


Praise be to God!



No comments:

Post a Comment